Non-Nano Zinc Oxide Mineral Sunscreen Powder = SPF 30
Great for toe-heads, bald heads, and anywhere you want a non-oily sunscreen. One of the things that prevents many of us from using sunscreen is the sticky or greasy after feel – especially on your face and hair. It rubs off on clothes and attracts sand and garden dirt. If you want to protect your skin from sun damage but don’t like the greasy feel of a traditional sunscreen, our mineral powder is the answer. Some experts say that 56% of chemicals put on your skin will enter your bloodstream. That is important to know when deciding what to put on your baby's skin.
- Zinc oxide is water & sweat resistant
- Multipurpose - not only is our sunscreen great for sun protection it helps protect diaper area from rashes. Diaper bag must have!
- Hypoallergenic, made without gluten, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, or corn
- Junk Free Ingredients – NO harsh chemicals ever! NO ingredients we can’t pronounce: no oxybenzone, octinoxate, or other chemical active sunscreening agents, phthalates, SLS, DEA, triclosan, synthetic fragrances, glycols, dyes, phosphates, 1,4-dioxane, formaldehyde, or parabens
- Not tested on animals - just friends & family | No animal by-products
- Biodegradable - safe for coral reefs and other ecosystems
- Made in USA | Made in Montana
- 3 ounce (85 grams) shaker bottle
Best Active Ingredient - 30% Zinc Oxide
SPF, or Sun Protection Factor, is a measure of how well a sunscreen will protect skin from UVB rays, the kind of radiation that causes sunburn, damages skin, and can contribute to skin cancer. The rating we have is for UVB. With that said, Zinc Oxide is one of only 17 active ingredients currently approved by the FDA for use in sunscreens. Upon application, Zinc Oxide particles sit on the outermost layer of your skin, where they scatter and absorb ultraviolet radiation, protecting your living skin below. Zinc Oxide is unique among sunscreen ingredients in that it is truly a broad-spectrum blocker, protecting from UVA, UVB, and even UVC. Zinc Oxide is considered the safest, most effective active sunscreen ingredient available. It also has a time-tested safety record having been used in other topical drugs, such as calamine lotion and diaper rash cream, for a long time.
Does it matter what you put on your skin?
Some experts say that 56% of chemicals put on your skin will enter your bloodstream. That is important to know when deciding what to put on your skin. Our sunscreen is made with all-natural Zinc Oxide and moisturizing organic oils and butters. Many healthcare practitioners believe that a Sun Protection Factor of 15 (SPF 15) is all that is needed for overall protection from the sun. A SPF 15 blocks 93.3% of the sun’s UVB rays, while an SPF 30 blocks 96.7 %.
Active ingredient: 25% zinc oxide. Other ingredients: Organic tapioca powder, organic arrowroot, and organic lavender powder.
Directions: For full protection, apply an ample white coat to all exposed skin and rub in to reduce whitening effect. For maintained protection, sunscreen reapplication is recommended every 40 minutes or after swimming, sweating, and/or towel drying as needed. Contact your doctor before using skincare products on children under 6 months of age.