null
Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch.
Cucumber Extract- Ingredient Highlight

Cucumber Extract- Ingredient Highlight

Posted by Kelsey Johnson on 11th Jun 2020

When most people think of cucumber they may think of their favorite cucumber salad, or their favorite soap that combines the fresh clean scent of cucumber with the sweet smell of melon. What is cucumber extract? Obviously it comes from cucumbers. More specifically, it’s the juice harvested from the cucumber fruit. Most types of cucumbers are composed of 95% water and the other 5% consist of numerous beneficial vitamins, antioxidants and other healing components. Cucumber extract is extremely gentle and is one of the healthiest things you can feed your skin. It doesn't matter what skin type you have, everyone can greatly benefit from using cucumber extract.  

Cucumber is a super food for your skin. It is great for sensitive skin and fragile areas of the skin like around your eyes. That is why an esthetician may place cucumbers over the eyes of their clients during facials so that the cucumber extract can gently moisturize the soft skin under the eye. The cucumber's natural scent is unique in that it is gentle on even the most sensitive of skin types.   

Here are three reasons why cucumber extract can benefit your skin: 

1- It contains Vitamin B1. Vitamin B1 is a powerful antioxidant that boosts collagen production and reduces fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of premature aging. Who doesn't want to enjoy smooth and young looking skin! I'm sure you would agree aging is not something anyone looks forward to. Isn't it cool to know that we can fight against aging skin by using a natural and gentle ingredient such as cucumber extract? 

2- It helps regulate hydration and aids in the production of your skins natural oils, which reduces dryness.  

3- It contains antioxidants that provide protection against UV damage and protects your skin from the cellular damage that comes from every day wear and tear. 

No wonder so many skin care companies use cucumber extract in their products!

If you enjoyed reading this blog, please check out our other blogs at dayspabodybasics.com. Knowledge is power and we love expressing why we choose natural ingredients! Remember, our skin is our largest organ. Be aware of product ingredients.