Lavender Bath Salts – Revive Your Mind & Body Like The Greeks & Romans
- Dead Sea salts are comprised of a wide variety of minerals known for combating stress and fluid retention
- Lavender has been used since ancient times to revive the mind, and the Romans added lavender to their bath water, hence the name from the Latin lavare, 'to wash'
- Epsom salt is rich in both magnesium and sulfate important for tissue and joints
An all-natural water treatment with lavender essential oil and mineral salts. The health benefits of lavender include its ability to remove nervous tension. Dead Sea salts are comprised of a wide variety of minerals which are essential for the proper function and health of skin. Epsom Salt is said to have anti-inflammatory properties and when it is absorbed through the skin in a bath, it draws toxins from the body, sedates the nervous system, and relaxes muscles.
- Pairs well with Lavender Bath Oil
- Best bath soak for allergy sensitive skin – hypoallergenic, made without gluten, soy, peanuts, **tree nuts, wheat, or corn
- Junk Free Ingredients – NO harsh chemicals ever! NO ingredients we can’t pronounce: phthalates, SLS, DEA, triclosan, synthetic fragrances, glycols, dyes, phosphates, 1,4-dioxane, formaldehyde, or parabans.
- Not tested on animals - just friends & family | No animal by-products | Vegan
- Made in USA | Made in Montana
- Size: 8 oz. (227grams) glass bottle
Ingredients: Dead Sea salt, Epsom salt, lavender essential oil, and organic lavender buds.
Dead Sea Salt
The waters of the Dead Sea have been renowned for their therapeutic effects since ancient times. Two thousand years ago, Flavius wrote that the salts from the Dead Sea heal the human body. The waters from the Dead Sea are unique in that they contain 27% of various salts as compared to 3% in normal sea water. Further, while sodium accounts for approximately 80% of the salt content of normal sea water, it comprises much less of the salt total in water from the Dead Sea. The balance of the salts in Dead Sea water is magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride and bromides. Why are these types of salts beneficial? Magnesium is important for combating stress and fluid retention, slowing skin aging and calming the nervous system. Calcium is effective at preventing water retention, increasing circulation and strengthening bones and nails. Potassium energizes the body, helps to balance skin moisture and is a crucial mineral to replenish following intense exercise. Bromides act to ease muscle stiffness and relax muscles. Sodium is important for the lymphatic fluid balance (this in turn is important for immune system function).
Known scientifically as hydrated magnesium sulfate, Epsom salt is rich in both magnesium and sulfate. While both magnesium and sulfate can be poorly absorbed through the stomach, studies show increased magnesium levels from soaking in a bath enriched with Epsom salt. Magnesium and sulfate are both easily absorbed through the skin. Sulfates play an important role in the formation of brain tissue, joint proteins and the proteins that line the walls of the digestive tract.
Directions: Add 4 ounces salts to hot bath and swish to dissolve. Drink plenty of water before and during your bath.
Precautions: This is not a medicine or a drug. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. As with any bath treatment, check with your pediatrician for children under two. Hot baths are not recommended during pregnancy, check with your doctor before use.