Effective All Natural DEET-Free Insect Repellent - Gentle on Sensitive Baby Skin
Baby skin is 20-30% thinner than adult skin. Since skin is the largest organ and absorbs what we put on it, we need to take extra-special care of it—for baby and for you. No Bugs Mist is an all-natural DEET-Free insect repellant that is harmless to people, pets, clothes, and the environment.
DEET (N, N-diethyl-meta-toluamide), a powerful chemical found in over 400 repellents. DEET can peel paint, damage rayon and spandex, and melt plastic. Reactions to it include skin rashes, lethargy, muscle spasms, nausea, and irritability.
- Hypoallergenic, made without gluten, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, or corn
- Farm to Skin Ingredients – GMO free organic safflower oil straight from a Montana farm
- Junk Free Ingredients – Alcohol, mineral oil and Silicone Free. NO harsh chemicals ever! NO ingredients we can’t pronounce: phthalates, SLS, DEA, triclosan, synthetic fragrances, glycols, dyes, phosphates, 1,4-dioxane, formaldehyde, or parabans.
- Not tested on animals - just friends & family | No animal by-products
- Made in USA | Made in Montana | Vegan
- 4 oz. bottle with mister
An ounce of protection is better than a pound of cure!
Mosquitos and ticks are not only annoying, but can be deadly. Diseases carried by mosquitoes include: Zika, West Nile Virus, Malaria, Encephalitis (several types), Yellow fever, Dengue fever, Chikungunya virus. Ticks carry diseases such as: Lyme disease Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Ehrlichiosis, and Encephalitis.
Coming from experience, under the harshest conditions (Montana Mountains), nothing seems to help. For those situations, we suggest protective gear. Mosquitoes have complex methods of detecting hosts and different types of mosquitoes react to different stimuli. Most mosquitoes are active at dawn and dusk, but there are also mosquitoes that seek hosts during the day. You can help avoid being bitten by making sure you aren't attracting mosquitoes, using No Bugs Mist, and avoiding actions that diminish the effectiveness of the repellent.
- Dark clothes and foliage
- Carbon Dioxide You give off more carbon dioxide when you are hot or have been exercising.
- Lactic Acid - You release more lactic acid when you have been exercising or after eating certain foods (e.g., salty foods, high-potassium foods).
- Floral or Fruity Fragrances - In addition to perfumes, hair products, and scented sunscreens, watch for the subtle floral fragrance from fabric softeners and dryer sheets.
- Skin Temperature - The exact temperature depends on the type of mosquito. Many mosquitoes are attracted to the slightly cooler temperatures of the extremities.
- Mosquitoes are attracted by perspiration because of the humidity and chemicals it produces.
- Even small amounts of water (e.g., moist plants or mud puddles) will draw mosquitoes. Standing water also allows mosquitoes to reproduce.
For ticks, tuck your pant legs into your socks and seal the tops of the socks with duct tape. Ticks trying to crawl through to your skin will get stuck on the tape before they can bite you. Keep another strip of tape handy to lift off the ticks as you spot them on your skin and clothing. Ticks take some time to attach themselves to you. After an outing, thoroughly inspect your body. A hand mirror and/or a close friend can help. Remove ticks with duct tape if possible or use a tweezers to pull them out gently. Take care not to squeeze their bodies too hard because you want to prevent their innards from entering your bloodstream through their mouths.
Active ingredients: Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus 8% |Oil of Lemongrass 3% |Oil of Citronella 5% | Oil of Neem 2% | Oil of Cedarwood 1.5% | Oil of Geranium .07% | Other skin loving ingredients: Hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, proprietary essential oil blend, and polysorbate.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have taken No Bugs Mist to Nicaragua for the past two years. Dengue Fever and Malaria are real threats spread by mosquitoes there. Insects just hover but never land! It has a pleasant non offensive smell and is non toxic. It's a winner!
I finally got to use this product last weekend when we went camping. The place was pretty buggy with all sorts of flies and mosquitoes, so this was a tough first test. I have to say that it worked well with the flies, gnats, etc. With mosquitoes the results weren't as consistent. Sometimes it seemed to work and other times it didn't. You have to apply it pretty liberally and pretty often. My family used up almost an entire bottle in 2 days of camping (of course as I said, it was very buggy). The smell and feel of it was so nice though. We gave in and rubbed Deet on. It was HORRIBLE. After such great, natural ingredients the chemicals in that product made our skin crawl.
Verdict: We want to continue using the natural product and eliminate the Deet. We are going to stick with this and add vitamin B to our diet and see what happens. As I said, overall, I was impressed.