Sunscreen Stick = SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Protection from UVA & UVB
- Water & sweat resistant for 40 minutes of swimming or activity
- Multi-purpose - not only is our sunscreen stick great for sun protection, it is great to soothe skin after sun, works on mom and dad's sunburns too! Also helps protect diaper area from rashes. Diaper bag must have!
- Hypoallergenic, made without gluten, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, or corn
- Junk Free Ingredients – NO harsh chemicals ever! NO ingredients we can’t pronounce: no oxybenzone, octinoxate, or other chemical active sunscreening agents, phthalates, SLS, DEA, triclosan, synthetic fragrances, glycols, dyes, phosphates, 1,4-dioxane, formaldehyde, or parabans.
- Not tested on animals - just friends & family | No animal by-products
- Biodegradable - safe for coral reefs and other ecosystems
- Made in USA | Made in Montana
- 2.5 ounce roll-on tube (70 grams)
Best Active Ingredient - 20% Zinc Oxide
SPF, or sunburn protection factor, is a measure of how well a sunscreen will protect skin from UVB rays, the kind of radiation that causes sunburn, damages skin, and can contribute to skin cancer. The rating we have is for UVB. With that said, Zinc oxide is one of only 17 active ingredients currently approved by the FDA for use in sunscreens. Upon application, zinc oxide particles sit on the outermost layer of your skin, where they scatter and absorb ultraviolet radiation, protecting your living skin below. Zinc oxide is unique among sunscreen ingredients in that it is truly a broad-spectrum blocker, protecting from UVA, UVB, and even UVC. Zinc oxide is considered the safest, most effective active sunscreen ingredient available. It also stands alone in that it is a truly effective, single-ingredient, broad spectrum blocker, meaning that it protects from UVA, UVB, and even UVC rays. It also has a time tested safety record having been used in other topical drugs such as calamine lotion and diaper rash cream for a long time.
Other ingredients: cocos nucifera (*coconut) oil, theobroma cacao (*cocoa) seed butter, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, cera alba (beeswax), Carthamus tinctorius (*safflower) seed oil, and lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil. *certified organic ingredient
Does it matter what you put on your skin?
Some experts say that 56% of chemicals put on your skin will enter your bloodstream. That is important to know when deciding what to put on your skin. Our sunscreen is made with all natural Zinc Oxide and moisturizing organic oils and butters. Zinc Oxide is considered a sunblock and filters UVA and UV rays. Many healthcare practitioners believe that a Sun Protection Factor of 15 (SPF 15) is all that is needed for overall protection from the sun. A SPF 15 blocks 93.3% of the sun’s UVB rays, while an SPF 30 blocks 96.7 %. Therefore, our SPF 20 provides a level of maximal screening of the sun’s rays, and SPF values above this point give less and less added protection.
Directions: For full protection, apply an ample white coat to all exposed skin and rub in to reduce whitening effect. For maintained protection, sunscreen reapplication is recommended every 40 minutes or after swimming, sweating, and/or towel drying as needed. Contact your doctor before using skin care products on children under 6 months of age.